Coaching Rugby in Durham County
Durham County RFU looks to help and support anyone interested in becoming, or developing as a coach within the county, whether this is for a school team, club or county. This section will give you all the information you need to know;
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- Sign post coaches to available courses
- Put on courses identified as needed within the county
- Provide mentors and guidance for all level of coaching
- Provide coaches with the opportunity to progress on a coaching pathway
- Help sign post new coaches to a club
- Help secure funding towards coaching courses to help clubs reach minimum standards
- Help recruit new coaches
GIVE YOUR COACHES THE ADVANTAGE
New to 2017/18 season is the Durham County Coaching Forum, this works to the following mission statement;
“To help make Durham County the leading community sport organisation in the county by providing our member clubs with quality coaches and the opportunity to develop them further.”
They have launched a new scheme titled “Give your coaches the advantage” that aims to help clubs develop their existing coaches and promote the work they do.
The scheme launched with an event on October, 23 at Durham University Businesses School.
The clubs that are involved will be able to access; county funding to help cover coaching courses, stash for CCC’s, the opportunity to host Falcons CPD’s, and workshops designed by the members of the scheme to help them develop their club coaches.
If you are interested in the scheme or the coaching forum please email; Laura.Lines@sunderland.ac.uk
To find out more about what we can do for you, check out our other pages;